- The MobiWee client is a small application (450kb or less) that is installed on your phone to allow you to use the MobiWee service. Once you register, you should receive a text message with a link to download the client on your phone when you register for a MobiWee account. To install the MobiWee client on a second phone, copy and paste http://www.TechStoneSoft.com/MobiWee.CAB to your mobile device browser and follow the steps for installation.
- MobiWee’s services are designed to be accessible from any phone, no matter what operating system it runs. Currently, MobiWee clients are available for phones running on:
-Windows Mobile 6.0 or higher (such as the Samsung Omnia, BlackJack, Hp Ipaq, and Palm Treo).
-Android (like the G1)
-More Operating systems are in the pipeline, so be sure to check back often!
- 1. A phone that can access the internet and runs on Windows Mobile 6.0 or higher, Android, or iPhone Operating system.
2. A computer with an internet connection and a web browser (i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc)
GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, EVDO, etc.
Unlimited data plan recommended
Free to use MobiWee when logged in to a
Free to use MobiWee if connected to your computer through ActiveSync
(assuming USB pass thru is enabled)
- Register at www.mobiwee.com. Once you register, you should receive a text message with a link to download the client on your phone. To install the MobiWee client on a second phone, copy and paste http://www.TechStoneSoft.com/MobiWee.CAB to your mobile device browser and follow the steps for installation.
Once you’ve installed, go to: Menu>Settings>General Settings>and enter your username, password, and phone number.
- My Portal is your private view into everything related to your mobile phone. Your portal acts as your MobiWee homepage or dashboard where you can quickly and easily access all that MobiWee has to offer you.
- If this is your first time logging in to your account, make sure the MobiWee client is installed and running on your mobile device. Make sure you are logged in to the MobiWee client on your mobile device with your username, password, and phone number. Run the MobiWee client on your device, then click on menu>send device info to update your portal page for the first time.
If you’ve logged in to your account before, make sure you click on the service you want, then send a request for the appropriate service (ex: on the portal page, click on: “locate my device” > “locate my device now”).
- This service will allow you remotely manage, transfer files from any computer to your mobile device and back. File manager reads and displays all files and folders (including your SD card), making it easy to add, remove, backup, and restore your documents, files, music, ringtones, or videos.
- This service will allow you to send, receive, copy, paste messages to one or more contacts directly from your computer. The messages you send from your computer are routed through your phone, and your carrier will count them as if they were sent from your phone. Check your plan and make sure you have enough text messages to support your messaging needs.
- This service will allow you to remotely backup, restore, delete or add a new contact to your device from any Web browser. Transfer your contacts when you upgrade or lose your phone.
- This service will empower you to defend yourself against identity theft with the remote lock/wipe service, no matter where you left your phone. Just click to lock or reset your device and external memory to factory settings -- from any web browser. PIN Lock service in MobiWee, will lock any phone that has been preconfigured with a password. To do that, you can either create a Pin code manually from your phone or Use MobiWee Encrypt/Decrypt service from your account dashboard to make a request to encrypt your device data, the encryption process last few minutes, during which you will be asked to add a Pin code to your phone.
- This service will allow you to encrypt your mobile device data to ensure your sensitive information is protected against data breaches. MobiWee ensures that your data is safeguarded, on and off your corporate network.
- This service will allow you to remotely track and identify the location of your mobile device from any web browser. Whether on the bus, at the airport, or simply left at work, with the mobile device location service, you’re never left guessing. If your mobile device is out of range, MobiWee location services will keep trying until it finds it.
- Call forwarding allows you to redirect your mobile device to any telephone number when you log in to your account on MobiWee.com -- never miss another important call!
- This service will allow you to automatically set up your exchange server, POP3/IMAP on your mobile device remotely from any computer.
- Yes. MobiWee is a free service that can be used with Wi-Fi capable phones or phones with data plans. It is recommended to check with your carrier to determine if your data plan must be increased due to MobiWee's high consumption of data otherwise use your phone's Wi-Fi connection.
- MobiWee does not limit the number of phones that you can connect. You are able to create a family account and store everyone's phone information under one account. You can also do the same with your business phone, or a combination of both your personal and business phones.
- Go to Menu>Settings>General Settings>check “Enable Auto Sync”
- The frequency you receive updates can be changed in the preferences section of the MobiWee client application on your mobile device.
1. Go to menu
3. General settings
4. Auto sync (select automatic or manual)
5. By default, updates are sent every 5 minutes to your mobile device, but you can change this setting to update every 1, 2, 3, 5, 15, 30 or 60 minutes.
We strongly recommend that have an unlimited data plan with your provider before you start any uploading and downloading of data.
- Once you have registered for MobiWee and installed the MobiWee client to your mobile device, you can choose from the following options:
a. Request the specific service you would like to execute from your portal on the MobiWee website
• For example, you can upload your contacts by navigating to your “my portal” page, then: click on the “Manage Contacts” icon > click on “Backup My Contacts from My Device.”
b. Send a comprehensive list from your mobile device by:
running the MobiWee client > clicking on menu > select settings > select “send device info.”
• If you choose to send a comprehensive list from your mobile device, be aware that this is data intensive and may take a few minutes as this will backup your contacts, send all file lists (including any SD cards), and any additional information supported by your mobile device.
- From the MobiWee client on your mobile phone, Go to Menu > About > “download latest client”
- In order to modify your settings, log in to your account to view and access the following links located at the top of the page. Edit My Device Info Edit My Account info Change My Password
- No. However, MobiWee makes it much easier to read, compose, and reply to new messages when in front of a computer. The messages you send from your computer are routed through your phone, your carrier will count them as if they were sent from your phone. Check your plan and make sure you have enough text messages to support your messaging needs, MobiWee recommends an unlimited texting plan.
- Only those with your MobiWee account login information (username and password) can access your account. Think of the MobiWee as your private view into everything related to your mobile phone(s).
- You will be emailed a link to download the latest MobiWee client, as well as updates or other vital information. If you forget your password, this will be the only way to retrieve your information. MobiWee has a strict NO SPAM policy, and will not send you any unnecessary information.
- We use your mobile number to send you a text message with an installation link, which verifies that the phone accessing the MobiWee service actually belongs to you. Your number is protected and will NOT be distributed to any third parties.
- MobiWee is designed to take up as little space as possible on your phone. The application download is approximately 450kb or less.
- • Yes. You will be able to capture the last known location of your phone as long as the phone is connected to the internet and was not reset to factory settings, even if the SIM card was removed.
• If the SIM card was replaced and the phone has an internet connection you will be able to capture the real-time location of your phone as long as it was not reset to factory settings.
- MobiWee consumes a large amount of data by syncing your contacts, sending and receiving files, videos, etc. from your phone and making them available on your MobiWee account.
We recommend an unlimited data plan because without one, your carrier will bill you for data transfers, usage fees, etc. used to download and update your MobiWee account. A limited data plan can result in overage data charges, if you’re not careful.
If you don’t have an unlimited data plan, not to worry, just connect to any Wifi network to use the MobiWee services without overage charges.
- To stop receiving an email notification, login to your account on www.mobiwee.com >> Edit Account info >> Uncheck (receive an email on every request) box
It may take a minute or two to receive the text message. If it doesn't show up, go to the email account you registered with MobiWee, then paste the URL you received into your mobile device’s web browser. You can also copy the link from our download page at http://www.MobiWee.com/downloads.jsp.
- If the download is interrupted, the most likely cause is a loss of coverage. To resume the download, click on the link again when your phone has full coverage.
This means that the username or password on the MobiWee client (on your phone) does not match our records. Please verify your Username and Password on your mobile device by going to Menu>Settings>General Settings.
- This means that you need to get the latest updated client version. To download the latest version for your Windows Mobile Device, go to Menu> About> Get latest version.
- If you get a device error message, run the MobiWee client on your phone, then click on Menu>Settings>General Settings> and make sure the phone number under “mobile no.” includes a country code (Ex: 19165555555).
If you still get an error message, make sure the phone number you entered under “mobile no.” belongs to the phone/SIM card you are using and is the same phone number you registered with MobiWee when you signed up.
If you still get an error message, please email us at email@example.com
- If I have a data plan through my carrier, but my phone isn't set up to access the Internet, what should I do?If you are unable to access the internet on your phone, you should call your provider to find out what the correct settings are for your specific mobile device.
- Unless you’re certain that your plan covers roaming it is likely that your provider will charge you for any data consumed while roaming on another network, even if you have an unlimited data plan. Your best option is to update your preferences to prevent data from being uploaded to your MobiWee account when out of network.